Market Model Report Information
Residential properties in Ontario are primarily valued using the Sales Comparison approach to value. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) carries out this approach using a statistical process called Multiple Regression Analysis. MPAC has identified over one hundred unique market areas and created regression equations for each of these markets for the purpose of valuing residential property. For general information regarding this method and how it is used by MPAC, click here Market Model Overview.
Additional information about the multiple regression model used to value your property in the current base year is available through a Market Model Report.
A Market Model Report includes the following:
- A general description of the sales comparison approach, including model specification and model calibration;
- sample regression equation and sample value calculation (using a hypothetical equation for both);
- A discussion of ratio studies, standards, and how results are measured.
- An overview of the finetuning process;
- A listing of all the market models that were built for the specific area.
- Market model boundaries for the area;
- A summary of the sales database for the market model requested.
- A ratio study for the market area; and
- A list of variables, coefficients, and standard error statistics in the model.
Market Model Reports for other market areas or the previous assessment base year can be purchased for $250.00 plus applicable taxes each.
If you would like to obtain this package, please e-mail us at Contact Us. Please include your:
- Phone number;
- Email address; and
- The area of the province you are interested in.
Upon receipt of the e-mail, MPAC will send you a licence agreement. If additional information is required to identify the market area desired, a Customer Service Manager will contact you. Once the signed license agreement has been received by MPAC, the Market Model Report will normally be delivered to you within five to ten business days.
Alternatively, please contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722 for information regarding how to obtain a Market Model Report.
|Please click below to see a sample Market Model Report:|
|Sample Reassessment Base Year Residential Valuation Overview|
|Sample Reassessment Base Year Market Model Report|
|List of Variable Names and Labels|
|Sample Market Model Final Regression|