This section provides important information about MPAC’s assessment, inspection, appeal and disclosure of information procedures.
In addition to the procedures, MPAC has also published three levels of disclosure to support the 2016 province-wide Assessment Update. These three levels provide detailed information about assessment methodology, market analysis and the steps taken by MPAC assessors to value properties.
Questions about your assessment?
- Assessment Review Board (ARB) Appeal Process
- Court of Law Appeals
- Directive to Provide Comparable Property Reports
- Effect of a Property’s Sale Price on its Assessment
- Request for Reconsideration Process
- Review of an Assessment Review Board Decision
Property Inspections/Data Collection Procedures
- Effective Frontage, Depth and Area Calculation for Residential Lots
- Farm Sales Review
- Property Codes
- Residential Data Collection
- Data Collection through the Property Inspection Process for Farm Properties
Request for Information
- Access to Assessment Information
- Caller Verification
- Freedom of Information
- Guidelines for the Release of Assessment Information (GRAD)
- Mailing Address Change
- Ownership Changes
- School Support Changes